Monday, November 2, 2009

" A blackberry moment"

Instead of listening to the wonderful sounds of nature one gets to experienced, I'm listening to the sounds of modern day life. Sitting outside my balcony, the soundtrack of nature is not there, just the sounds of machines going about one's business. The trees with its fall leaves don't scape my view, they are surrounded by concrete. I'm sure one has called it a "concrete jungle" in the past, I can agree with that statement.


The rain hitting the metal rail that entrap the balcony, instead of the fallen leaves, that have seem to covered the way of one's life, instead of covering the ground one has walked in the past. Having the pleasure to experienced all kinds of weather that have blown through my way of life. The back woods of Ft. Lewis, with it's damp, cold to the bone days that never seemed to go away from one's soul. It wasn't the back woods I grew in, that title goes to the tourism and travel slogan of the commonwealth of "Virginia is for lovers." "Thus Always to Tyrants," is what is in my pedigree. Left my footprints on two middle eastern countries. One a combat zone and the other classified as non-combat zone. Was there really a difference? It wasn't home.


Now, the moment is gone. State of mind still holding, time to read "a farewell to arms"

No comments:

Post a Comment