Sunday, September 6, 2009

Just like that.

It's 12:43am. The day is now sunday September 6, 2009. I just got finished reading all the blogs that Jordan had written about his second tour in Iraq. Sadly, there was not that many to read. His tour started this past August and it ended on September 3, 2009. That's the day he died in a vehicle roll-over accident. I'm sure he's mad he died that way, because no proud infantryman wants to go out like that in war.

If one is offended by my opinion on how he died then one does not know the meaning of an INFANTRYMAN. If one understands what I meant by that statement, let's have a beer and talk shit for the rest of the night. Cause, those are the ones that understand. In war death can get one at any time and at any place. It doesn't care if one dyies saving one's buddy or just simply dying of human error. Death does not care, I can vouch for that because I was once an Infantryman. It just cares that it has done its job.

So, one is wondering why I'm writing about him well let me get to the point then. Since, leaving the army I still check strykernews.com for updates on what is going on with the strykers and if I lost a friend. Should I still be doing this? Probably not, I should move on with my life. It can't be healthy to one's soul living in the past. The past is what my future is based on now and forgetting the war I saw would not be fair to my fellow brothers still carrying the M-4.

Upon reading his blogs I feel that it's my turn to carry the torch. I have many reasons for doing this, but some I still haven't figured out yet. I know that they are there though. If one wants to honor him please read his blogs. http://throughamberlenses.blogspot.com/

My mind is open for business now.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful entry... and exactly what my husband said as we talked of Jordan's passing. My husband is currently serving with Jordans company.

    ReplyDelete